Sunday, September 21, 2008

IU Girls 30th @ Cottage

I just returned from a fabulous weekend with my best college gals. We met up at the Streidl cottage in Allegan. My only complaint was there just wasn't enough time. Besides all the talking and catching up we did, here are our highlights:




The was absolutely no shortage of food. We could have stayed the entire week with the amount of food we brought for a day and a half. I told

We toured Lake Sixteen in the canoe and paddle boat. The weather was absolutely perfect!

If you're going to get together with girls you don't see often, what better place to chit-chat than around a campfire. I tried to get the fire going and wasn't having great success so I ran back for more newspaper. This is what I found when I returned: Jen ecstatic with herself for getting the fire going. Her response when I asked her how she got it blazing, "I just blew on it. I don't know, I saw it in a movie. Plus I was an Indian Princess when I was little" :)

The most exciting part of the weekend for Kristy - roasting marshmallows!!! She's got skill too. Nicely browned, not burned.


Michelle, heavy with child, is expecting baby #1! Here she is holding the card I slaved over for her. No pressure Michelle, but I too think you need to scrapbook and that card better make it in there!

All us girls! Love you, can't wait to do it again!!!
For more information on our weekend, see Kristy's blog (she's a much better writer than I).

3 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Man, you are good! You beat me to posting. :) You got a much better group shot than I did, so I might have to steal that last picture. Thank you SO MUCH for offering us such a great place to stay. You were totally right--it was the perfect place to hang out and relax. I hope we can get together again soon!
(By the way--I didn't hear the story about Jen being an Indian Princess. Too funny!)

APMom said...

You certainly were fast at getting this posted! I'm going to "borrow" pictures from both yours and Kristy's blogs for my own. I had so much fun this weekend, we must make it an annual event!

Jen said...

Me too. Thanks Tara. It was a great weekend with you girls...a memorable and relaxing time. The food was yummy and the conversations were great!!! Can't wait to see you all again soon.