Saturday, April 3, 2010

Carolyn's 2nd Birthday

Our little Carolyn turned two today and as many parents say on their child's birthdays, how fast time flies. Carolyn is a little sweetheart who adores and constantly tries to imitate her big sister. But who is also independent and determined. She's not the most coordinated and often runs in the funny, arms out, gorilla manner. And, as much as she tries, her vocabulary and pronunciation is not at the advanced level. But there are things she does so much better than any two-year-old we know, like giving her awesome, neck squeezing hugs, saying I love you, and letting out her giggle that will make everyone around smile.

We love our little Carolyn Mae, Mabel, Mabelina.

On the topic of Carolyn's speech, when we were talking about Carolyn turning 2 the other afternoon Eleanor exclaimed, "Yeah, and then we'll be able to understand her!" So when we all went in Carolyn's room this morning and sang her happy birthday and she gave a mumbled something or other, Eleanor asked, "Mom, why can't we understand her?" Some day Eleanor, some day.

So here are pictures from Carolyn's day which started with a birthday pancake, a stuffed E.T., an Easter egg hunt at the Commons, a lunch with family at Redamak's and is currently at the nap stage. But we still have a whole evening left and I'm sure we'll fill it with some playing and maybe movie watching (besides E.T. she loves Honey I Shrunk The Kids).

Candles in her panCAKE :)



The Little People Camper

Oh how she LOVES E.T.!!!
Check out all the eggs at the hunt!


Redamak's for some awesome burgers and birthday fun

The girls loved their outfits from Aunt Jennifer. Who says kids don't like clothes?

Eleanor's Barbie and the peeing & pooping dogs (yikes, newspaper also included)

Eleanor was cuddly with her Daddy
My sister made the cutest cupcakes, yeah - cupcakes!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Okay...so many things to comment on here! First of all, I cannot believe that she loves E.T.! Where on earth did you find a stuffed E.T. doll? Impressive! Also, I love what Eleanor said about Carolyn's speech. It's funny b/c we always tell the kids, "When you're (enter age), you'll be able to do ____." Like when you're 4, you'll go to school. But it's not right on their b-days when things happen, and our kids have gotten confused before. So cute!

I also LOVE those cupcakes. So creative!!!

Unknown said...

eBay Kristy. EVERYTHING is on eBay :) It's wonderful because they will watch the same movie day after day and E.T. is one that I can watch almost as much.