Friday, November 12, 2010

Hanky Boy is 2 Months Old!

I asked Hank where his smile was and to my surprise he showed me! Such a sweetie!!!

Our big little guy is two months old and still doing great. He's a whopping 12 pounds 4 ounces and 23 1/4 inches long (70th percentile for both). The doc checked him out yesterday and says he's perfect - we already assumed as much :)

Hank outweighed his sisters at birth by roughly a pound. That along with being a boy, his growth is leaving them in the dust. At 2 months Eleanor weighed 8 lbs. 5 3/4 ounces and Carolyn was 9 lbs. 13 3/4 ounces.

Last night he slept his longest and didn't wake up until 4am. A whole 8 hours after his 8pm feeding and 7ish hour after he fell asleep in his bassinet.

He's also continuing to smile some - mainly when laying on his back for a diaper change or playing. He loves, loves, loves his swing and we put him in it any time we need to free up our arms and he's fussy. He has also been batting at toys on his activity mat and bouncy seat. We got out the exersaucer this week since he's gaining a lot of head control. He liked it but only for a short while.

We're working on the naps in the crib and he's doing decent. Though he still loves being held while he sleeps and I'm a sucker for holding sleeping babies (housework? what housework?)

We gave Hank his first bottle recently. The girls were anxious and excited to be able to feed him.

I got out my pictures of the girls and their first bottles...



Wow, how life has changed in just 4 and a half years!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Oh, wow! He's already two months?! That's crazy! I can't believe he just smiled for you on demand. I think it took me awhile before I could capture Reid's smiles. He would always look like a deer in headlights when I pulled out the camera. :) I also love the pictures of the kids getting their first bottles. So cute to see them so little again!

Jen said...

Happy 2 months Hank! He keeps getting cuter. Great flashback pics too.