Monday, May 16, 2011
Potawatomi Zoo
Today I dogged off work so Carolyn and I could join Eleanor and her preschool class at the Potawatomi Zoo. We had a fantastic day with beautiful zoo weather - sunny but cool in the mid-50s (I've heard the animals prefer those temps even though my perfect temps are in the 70s).
We started the morning at the playground across the street from the zoo. It was perfect for running some of the energy out of the kids.
After the playground we sat at the picnic tables and ate our sack lunches. Then off to the zoo!!!
We were excited to see the lion, though he didn't prove a whole lot of entertainment.










And the highlight of the day - which we almost missed - the LION! He put on a wonderful show for the kids walking circles and always passing directly next to the kids! They freaked!!!




Great day! Thanks girls, you were wonderful. We'll have to get back soon and bring the boys next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment