"School is awesome! You were right Mom. I thought I would like preschool best but I like preschool and kindergarten the same. There was a little problem this morning and I got lost. I ate breakfast then I didn't know where to go. Grant's teacher came looking for someone and I told her I needed to find Mrs. Duthler. I know what to do tomorrow. I ate cereal for breakfast. I couldn't open the box. Maybe I'll just get eggs tomorrow. You have to get eggs or you have to get cereal. Emma and A.J. are in my class. We learned a song: 'open and shut (hands opening and shutting), open and shut, uh, I forgot'. Last year we had marshmallows in our mouth (blows cheeks out) but this year we have marshmallow toes. Etc. etc."
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
1st Day of Kindergarten!
Eleanor's first day of school was more of a parent/teacher meeting while the kids played in the cafeteria. So today we her first 'real' day of school. I watched her run to the bus this morning then waiting all day to hear how she liked it. Basically, this is her story:
"School is awesome! You were right Mom. I thought I would like preschool best but I like preschool and kindergarten the same. There was a little problem this morning and I got lost. I ate breakfast then I didn't know where to go. Grant's teacher came looking for someone and I told her I needed to find Mrs. Duthler. I know what to do tomorrow. I ate cereal for breakfast. I couldn't open the box. Maybe I'll just get eggs tomorrow. You have to get eggs or you have to get cereal. Emma and A.J. are in my class. We learned a song: 'open and shut (hands opening and shutting), open and shut, uh, I forgot'. Last year we had marshmallows in our mouth (blows cheeks out) but this year we have marshmallow toes. Etc. etc."



"School is awesome! You were right Mom. I thought I would like preschool best but I like preschool and kindergarten the same. There was a little problem this morning and I got lost. I ate breakfast then I didn't know where to go. Grant's teacher came looking for someone and I told her I needed to find Mrs. Duthler. I know what to do tomorrow. I ate cereal for breakfast. I couldn't open the box. Maybe I'll just get eggs tomorrow. You have to get eggs or you have to get cereal. Emma and A.J. are in my class. We learned a song: 'open and shut (hands opening and shutting), open and shut, uh, I forgot'. Last year we had marshmallows in our mouth (blows cheeks out) but this year we have marshmallow toes. Etc. etc."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, the stories they come home and tell! At least with girls you hear all of the details...even if hear every.single.thing. Boys aren't as willing to share. :) I cannot believe Eleanor is in Kindergarten! She is so stinkin' cute...I bet she'll have a great year!
Post a Comment