This year we spent Thanksgiving in Kansas City. I had wanted to have a nice quiet holiday with Sven and Charity and the boys for some time and it was as great as I had hoped. Though we got off to a rough start when on Monday night I found lice on Eleanor and Hank. So I spent the evening before our trip shampooing and nit picking. And if that wasn't enough, Tuesday morning Carolyn woke up with a terrible ear infection. A quick trip to the doctor and a prescription for an antibiotic did the trick. It was KC or bust and we were on the road by 3pm. At 11:30, 12:30 local time, we pulled in the Ohlund driveway. A quick hello and we set off to bed. I woke up to Hank vomiting at 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00, and 4:30. Holy crap this could be the holiday straight from H - E - double hockey sticks. But fortunately Hank made a quick recovery and we had a great vacation!
Hightlights include gametime at the local super-huge arcade, a beautiful, delicious, fantastic wine-consuming, great company Thanksgiving dinner at Mike and Denise Jeffries, bowling, and outdoor fun!
The following week at school, Carolyn brought home this picture of our Thanksgiving meal:
No comments:
Post a Comment