I sent Eleanor to daycare today with 4 pants, 5 panties, and 3 pairs of socks - hoping for the best but planning for the worst. When Matt came home with her, I asked how she did. He casually says, "Well she's wearing the same underwear she went there in." WHAT!?!?!? My girl went accident free!!! Hallelujah! I can't express how unbelievably proud I am of her. She is an amazing girl and I should learn by now to not underestimate her.
When taking our first flight to Florida when Eleanor was just under a year old, we questioned whether or not we'd have a complete nightmare to deal with. Would she sleep on our laps? Would she scream the entire flight? And then the worst happened - our flight was delayed and delayed and finally cancelled. They got us a bus to 2 hour bus to Chicago which would finally get us to Florida at 11pm rather than 2pm as planned. But Eleanor pulled through and was a trooper and actually came out of the ordeal better than her parents.
Then I took a 1 1/2 year old Eleanor to Kansas City by myself. Would she take off through the airport and get lost? Would she sit still for our two short flights? Absolutely! She was better than I'd ever imagined.
Then comes the biggest change in her lift thus far - the birth of her baby sister. Will Eleanor be jealous? Will she rebel and take out frustrations on Carolyn? Heck no! Eleanor's been the best big sister ever and has nothing but love for Carolyn. Just the look on her face the first time she walked into the hospital room and saw Carolyn sealed the deal. She was amazed and in love.
So why do I continue to brace myself for bad things? I should have learned my lesson by now. And I'm not saying I'm out of the woods yet with this potty training, but I will say Eleanor is doing exceptionally well and has made her parents proud - once again!
2 comments:
Wow, Tara, that's great!! I'd be ecstatic, too, if my child kept surprising me along the way.
Maybe that's my problem...I idealize every situation and end up freaking out when things go wrong. Maybe instead I should expect everything to go wrong and then maybe I'll have a chance! :)
Great job, Eleanor! Keep it up!
Post a Comment