Monday was his first doctor visit. He is now 21 inches long and weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces. When we checked out of the hospital just a week ago he was only 7 pounds 10 ounces. So he's doing wonderfully well.

He changes every day and is starting to fill out more. He sleeps great. If I were to try to count his time awake, I think I'd be stretching it to say he even is awake 6 hours of the day. At night I will typically feed him once or twice depending on when we go to bed. If I feed him at 9pm, I can usually count on feeding him again in 4 hours around 1am and then again at 5am.
Now for the story of Hank and the Poop...
On Friday, Matt and I took him out on a country drive and found a couple cute antique stores in Coloma. After shopping at one, we pulled over so I could nurse him. Then I tried to change his diaper by laying him on my lap with his head on my knees. No problem, right? Well, Hank's a casual pooper. He doesn't poop to get it over with. He poops a little in this diaper and a little in that - an equal opportunity pooper. So as I was wiping him, he pooped more. Again I wiped him and asked Matt to get the next diaper ready. With Matt ready, I started pulling away the diaper only to shove it back under to try and catch the next load of poop. Unfortunately for my pants, I wasn't quick enough. Now for the fourth time, I wiped him clean really lifting his legs to make sure I got everything. Then in slow motion, I saw this stream of yellow poop flying through the air straight at my face. Luckily it didn't quite have enough momentum and fell just short of my face onto my chest and all over my tank. Matt and I laughed until we cried. We finally got Hank changed into a clean diaper - he seemed quite happy. And I wiped my shirt and pants the best I could making sure to get the puddle of poop that had accumulated in my cleavage. Needless to say we didn't shop at the other antique store - maybe next time.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, Tara--I seriously clasped my hand over my mouth to stop laughing! I'm so sorry it happened to you, but that's hysterical!!! That's one of those stories that you will be telling for years...too funny!!
By the way, I LOVE the pics of him! Can he get any cuter?!??
Thanks Kristy! And I know - too funny huh?! Everyone told me about boys and the pee but no one ever said anything about projectile poop!
Yikes!! Hillarious story....why does poop become so funny after having kids? :-) Hank is adorable. I love all the pics. He does already look different! Congratulations on some great sleep too.
Post a Comment