Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day To Me!

Best Mother's Day ever! The day started out with a wonderful feta and pepper omelet made by the handsome chef Matt. And adorning the table were two gorgeous red flower freshly picked by my lovely daughters Eleanor and Carolyn.

Then Matt helped me dig up a flower bed just past our back patio and plant hostas. I've been wanting to do this for a year and it looks great.
And BONUS, while digging up the garden I found 2 nice morels!

After lunch we went to the school park for swinging, sliding, and kite flying.

Then home for quick naps and showers/baths and off to Heston for dinner. On the way there, I got to open my gifts. A picture, book and pen from Eleanor and from all of them, a beautiful necklace stamped with my babies names and birthstones.

Is it too much to ask for 1 decent picture of me and my babies? I need that 'to the cloud' software but it wouldn't be a lot of help without one picture of Carolyn looking at the camera without a scowl on her face. But we do love her so.

Unfortunately that's where the fun ended for me. Shortly after ordering an ice cold Boulevard Wheat and Ribeye I got sick and had to head home.

Feeling better the next morning I asked Carolyn why she wouldn't smile for the camera. Matt asked if he could take a picture and she scowled and looked at the floor. I mentioned that maybe she could have a treat...

Aww, she's so sweet!
(as long as you have chocolate to bribe her)

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Oh, I know the feeling! Now with 3 kids, it's so hard to get a great picture with all 3 of them looking at the camera and smiling. If you figure out a trick, let me know!

So sorry you got sick on Mother's Day, but it sounds like the rest of your day was perfect!!