
And last but definitely not least, our big girl Eleanor is potty training. I've been looking forward to this and dreading it at the same time. I didn't know what to expect but have been pleasantly surprised by her progress.On Friday night after daycare, we put on the panties, took the potty chair outside and let 'er rip. She had accidents and successes. At the end of the day I wondered what I had gotten myself into. But I knew that once we started there was no going back (except for a nap and nighttime diaper).
Saturday I spent a lot of time on my toes, following Eleanor around, constantly putting her on the toilet and/or asking her if she had to pee (I'm sure I also annoyed the heck out of Eleanor). I'd say, she batted just over 500 for the day.
Sunday was a great day with few accident, more successes, and best of all, she told us when she needed to go and was also able to hold it for a 20 minute car ride!
Yesterday was her first day with panties at daycare and she did okay. She came home and had a couple accidents, but we stayed positive. Twice she was out of sight and quiet so I yelled out "Eleanor what are you doing?" And she replied "Peeing." Low and behold, she had pulled down her panties (most of the way) and was peeing on her potty!
I think she is doing great and well on her way to being accident free! We're staying positive about the accidents and having big cheering parties on the successes and the rest is up to her. So far she is making us very proud!!!


Saturday at the park wearing big girl panties (and cool shades)
On the swing
On the swing
1 comment:
Whoo-hoo!!! Go, Eleanor!! That is such a big accomplishment to be using the potty and wearing big girl panties. Keep up the good work!
Tara, you are a brave woman to be tackling this with a newborn. I am a bad mommy who told Reese to go in her diaper when I couldn't get up since I was feeding Ryan. :)
Carolyn sure has some cute smiles! I'm sure that makes it a little easier to get up in the middle of the night when you might get a smile out of it. :)
Post a Comment